Monday, August 4, 2008

Neo Sci-fi Haul/Review

Hey ya'll I know this is really late but I have really fell off the bandwagon with this blog. I am trying to catch up :). So this is my Mac Neo-Sci-Fi Haul!



I got three of the eyeshadows. I already had expensive pink from the permanent collection and Time & Space just didn't tickle my fancy...it looked a lot like woodwinked and that color looked HORRIBLE on me for some reason. So I ended up getting (from left to right)-

Femme-Fi: Frosty golden cream (veluxe pearl). This is an excellent highlight color

Evening Aura: Frosty golden peach (veluxe pearl). Absolutely beautiful peachy-orange.

Magnetic Fields: Black brown with silver pearlized pigments (veluxe pearl). I've used this as a crease color a lot and it is gorgeous!




I got one of the solar bits. It was so pretty but kind of hard to work with and it was hard to prevent fallout :(. They are a lot chunkier than pigments. So the one I got was:

Black Ore: rich black with gold reflects


I got one of the two blushes. Both of them looked gorgeous, but I ended up with:

Space Out: Shimmery peach (sheertone shimmer). I thought it would look best with my skintone. It is very pretty and natural looking.

I got two of the lipsticks that are very pretty:

Sunsonic: White gold (frost)

Pleasureseeker: Creamy peach (glaze). This is my favorite of the two. I have worn it a lot and it gives me a nice glow:)


And last but definitely not least...the lipglasses! Sorry about the blurry pic. I purchased three of them out of the four. I didn't get Supreme because brown is just not an appealing color for me to wear on my lips. I did get (from left to right):

Naked Space: Creamy midtone nude peach. This color is great to tone down a lip color or in my case I usually wear it alone to complement a smokey eye.

Soft & Slow: Midtone creamy plum. This is a darker lipglass, it's a very sexy color.

Pink Grapefruit: Orange with gold pearlized pigments. This is a very unique shade that I actually just recently got from ebay. It was sold out on the Mac site by the time I decided to get it so luckily I found it on ebay :).

So there it is. All in all I really liked this collection. The neon orange packaging was fun...I definitely can't miss these when I'm looking for them. The colors are all pretty neutral which is great because they will appeal to a wide range of people. The only thing I wish was that the solar bits would have been a little less chunky and easier to work with because honestly they are beautiful colors but really hard to blend and prevent fallout. So once again sorry that this is soo late, I know there have been several collections out after this one and I'll try to give you some info on those as well. Have a great day!!!

No comments: