Monday, August 4, 2008

MAC Electro Flash, Sonic Chic, & New View Haul/Review

So finally on to some newer hauls! With Electro Flash was the return of the mineralize eyeshadows like the ones from Antiquitease but oh so more pigmented! They are all really awesome. Sonic Chic is first time ever mineralized blushes for MAC, and I'm loving them so far. New View is a Mineralize Skinfinish duo, one half of the compact being MSF Natural and the other side a shimmery highlight color. If you already had MSF Natural you may or may not have purchased this. I didn't have it and wanted to try it so I got it, and with a bonus highlight shade on one side:). I have heard that some people are buying a darker shade in this and using it as a contour powder. At any rate, it's a great product to have. So without further adu, on to the haul!

Eyeshadows (Electro Flash)- I ended up getting seven of the nine eyeshadows. The only two I didn't pick up was Two to Glow and Play on Plums. I just didn't feel these colors would look very good with my coloring so I passed on these. I picked up one lipglass. The other colors just seemed kind of bland to me or like something I already had. Some lipsticks also came out with the collection but none of these really thrilled my soul either.

From left to right:

Sea & Sky-Silvery pale blue with deep blue and silver veining/Bright blue mono (Frost). This is most possibly my favorite eyeshadow out of this collection. As I have mentioned before, I love blues and this doesn't dissapoint. I wear this very frequently and even to work because my uniform is blue. This is a must-have from this collection!

Fresh Green Mix-Golden olive with blue, gold and acqua veining/Lime mono (Frost). This is a beautiful combo. Initially when I saw this online I was not planning to buy it, but when I went to the MAC counter I was floored at how absolutely gorgeous this duo was. This is also another must-have IMO.

Odd Couple-Warm gold with lavender and bronze veining/Purple mono (Frost). Another genious combination. The purple is beautiful and the gold side is a nice unexpected pair for it. They look great together.
Hot Contrast-(bottom pic)Dirty red with silver and black veining/Black mono (Frost). This is very pretty as well. The marbled side is awesome and the times I've used it I have played up the red side and paired with the black mono it is incredibly sexy.

Love Connection-Pale beige with gold and blue veining/Warm gold mono (Frost). This is a beautiful neutral combo. Very glittery, takes natural colors to a whole another level.

Polar Opposite-Dirty Purple with silver, indigo and pink veining/True silver mono (Frost). The silver side is super shiny and the purple is very pretty, can't wait to play with this one:).

Pink Split-Dirty rose with bronze and pale blue veining/Pink with gold pearl mono (Frost). This is probably the least pigmented one of the eyeshadows I got, but I have found the way to make it work is to wear it over fresco rose paint pot. It wears very nicely this way.

Lipglass:

Cultureclash-Frosty clear baby pink with multidimensional pearl. This is a pretty pink lipglass that I love.


Blushes (Sonic Chic):

Pleasantry- Intense mid tone blue pink with gold pearl. This color looks super bright in the pot but is so beautiful on. It gives me a nice healthy glow with some subtle shimmer. Probably my favorite mineralize blush.

Warm Soul-Mid tone beige with gold pearl. I really like this blush too. It kind of gives you a more subtle bronzey flush. It's great for the summer.

Love Thing-Dirty burgundy with gold pearl. I love this color but it's a little too intense for me. I make it work by using a VERY light hand. It's probably more suitable for darker skin tones.


Mineralize Skinfinish duo (New View):

Medium/Natural and Shimmer-Light peachy pink (Shimmer) / Soft creamy beige. I bought this in a shade to match my skin tone. I really like it, it gives good yet light coverage and I use the shimmer side to highlight above my cheeks on the bridge of my nose.

No comments: