Saturday, February 2, 2013

2012 Favorites

 
I know it's been a very long time since I've posted, and this is late because we're a month into the new year, but just thought I'd share my makeup favorites of 2012.  The year flew by!  So let's get right down to the favorites!

Foundations~Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder in Desert Beige was my go to foundation for the spring and summer months of 2012.  It was so easy to apply and lasted all day.  It has suprisingly good coverage for a powder.  A foundation I picked up later in the year that I have enjoyed is the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation in Sand Beige.  I put off buying this a long time, but finally one day decided to purchase it and did not regret it.  The texture is amazing, it's light and blends in very easily and the color match is perfect for me.  Not sure about the 24 hr lasting power because I never wear makeup for 24 hrs but it does last all day for me for my purposes and makes my skin look flawless.  My only gripe with it is that the lid broke on it and won't screw on anymore so I can't really throw it in my makeup bag.

Blush~The only blush I consistently used a lot this past year was MAC Hipness Blush.  It's just a beautiful bright coral pink color that really brightens the face. I believe it was limited edition from one of MAC's summer collections but I can't remember which one.

Bronzer~NYC Sunny Bronzer I used up every bit of this product this year.  I never use up products so to me, this really says something about how much I liked it.  It is a perfect contour and looks great on my light/fair skin.

Eye Shadows~Revlon Nude Elements Eyeshadow Quad got used a heck of a lot this year once again.  It's just the perfect neutral quad for me.  I am upset though because I believe these quads from Revlon have gotten discontinued. I haven't been seeing them anywhere and I even looked online on Revlon's website and they were not there.  MAC Eyeshadows in Satin Taupe, Shale, Omega, and Shroom also got a lot of use this year. I love all of these, they go really good with my skin and eyes.

Eyeliners~MAC Phone Number Eye Kohl has been a favorite again this year.  It's a perfect soft grey day time eyeliner for me that goes great with the Nude Elements Quad I love. Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Eyeliner I really enjoyed because it's an awesome deep black that is so creamy to apply as per all the 24/7 Liners.

Brush~The Real Techniques Domed Eye Shadow Brush was my favorite eye shadow brush.  It's awesome to apply eye shadow to the entired lid as it's kind of large and dense. It blends the shadow up into the crease easily.

So there you have it, better late than never, my 2012 makeup favorites!  What were your favorites this year?

No comments: