Monday, June 1, 2009

MAC Style Warriors Haul & Quick Review

Hello all of you gorgeous peps! I got the chance to go to the MAC Counter today to *finally* check out Style Warriors in person. It's a pretty collection. I picked up a few things that I really liked, didn't get almost everything like I usually do-got to be frugal because my fiance and I are in the process of buying a house. My first impression of this collection: all about the packaging. And I must admit that I am a sucker for animal prints, so it was hard for me not to get almost every single thing. However, I tried to not judge the book by it's cover and look at the actual product itself. I know you have all probably seen all kinds of swatches of this collection on the internet. Let me just say this: I feel like almost all the eye shadows in this collection are almost exactly like other shadows in the permanent line. Soft Force e/s is identical to Nylon e/s. Night Manuevers e/s is very very close to Brun e/s. Vibrant Grape e/s is pretty, but I already had it, as well as Tempting e/s. I really thought I was going to pick up Bright Future e/s but when I saw it in person, it looked very similar to Bright Sunshine e/s, which I already had, and honestly, how many yellow eye shadows do you really need?

The Solar Bits are gorgeous if you like them. I know with a lot of people they either love them or hate them. I honestly like the way they look, even though you have to be careful when applying them because of the potential fall-out. I picked up Bronzescape-which is a shimmery golden bronze color.

The lip products were probably my favorite things from this collection. I picked up two of the four lipsticks. I got Purple Rite and Brave New Bronze. Both are very unique IMO. Purple Rite is described by MAC as "mid-tone frosty orchid." It comes off as a gorgeous pink-lavender on the lips instead of an in your face purple. MAC describes Brave New Bronze "creamy mid-tone pink nude." I love nude lip colors, so this is right up my alley. I got one lipglass in Fierce and Fabulous which is a pretty magenta-purple color.

Last but not least, I got one of the beauty powder blushes in On A Mission. I absolutely love bpb anyway, but to me this one was really unique. It is described as "pearly mid-tone plum." It's gorgeous and I can't wait to wear it!

So there it is, folks, my little haul. All in all, I think that this is a nice collection, definitely worth checking out.



No comments: