Thursday, January 19, 2012

2011 Favorites

2011 was one of the best years ever for me! My son Tyler was born on November 27 (thus the reason for lack of posts) so I have been one busy girl lately! Just thought I'd jump on here and share some products that I love and used the heck out of in 2011! Also, please share some of your favs!!!

Foundations~NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji was still one of my favorites this year. Everytime I stopped wearing it and then started back, I fell in love again. It's the perfect amount of coverage while remaining really lightweight on the skin, plus something about it just perks my skin tone up. This product could probably almost be considered a HG for me, I have been wearing this since 2009! Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Sand Beige was just a no-fail foundation that has also been in my stash for a long time. This color is the perfect match for me, flawless coverage, and has never irritated my skin. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation was also another fav of 2011. I wear shade B20. Coverage is like your skin but better and it's also very lightweight on the skin.

Powder/Foundation~MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium I wore as a foundation for most of probably the later half of the year. I would never be without this product. It's the perfect, most glowy skin like finish I have ever found in a powder. It was super easy to just buff on and go. It's also an excellent powder to set foundations with.

Concealer~Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Ivory I picked up in a CCO while on vacation and have used it as an under eye concealer just about every since. It's moisturizing and covers well.

Bronzers~NARS Laguna was a staple that I hit pan on this year. It just creates the perfect bronze glow with a slight sheen that is flattering for light-medium skin tones. NYC Sunny Bronzer was the matte bronzer I got the most use out of. It's not too light, not too dark and looks very natural.

Blushes~Benefit Bella Bamba was the perfect brightening pink blush. It's gorgeous, pigmented, and instantly lights up the face. NARS Deep Throat was my favorite peachy-pink blush this year. Nars blushes in general are awesome, very pigmented and no-fuss. NARS Orgasm Blush is another staple. This peachy-pink (more pink than Deep Throat) blush goes with most makeup looks and is just gorgeous! Love it or hate it, but I adore it!

Eye Primer~NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base was my go-to eye primer this year. Something about the Urban Decay Primer Potion formula was different on the squeeze tube I bought, it was too dry or something and hard to spread. I tried NARS as recommended by lots of the ladies on Makeupalley and I fell in love. It's the perfect consistency, it doesn't dry my lids out, and my eyeshadows don't crease.

Eyeshadows~Revlon ColorStay Quad in Nude Elements produced the perfect neutral eye looks for me. All these colors are flattering on me and look perfect together. Not to mention are long wearing. It's just a great quad that you can throw on and not think about, and it goes with everything. The Urban Decay Naked Palette was just another great neutral palette I wore a lot this year. Chanel Taupe Gris eyeshadow is the epitome of my love of taupe eyeshadows. It's a gorgeous, unique color that I love to wear over Benefit Creaseless Cream eyeshadow in Skinny Jeans for a smokey look.

Eyeliners~MAC Phone Number Eye Kohl is a beautiful gray eyeliner that is great for daytime wear and looks really nice with the above mentioned Revlon Nude Elements eyeshadow quad. Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero was my go-to black eyeliner pencil. Creamy and long wearing, you just can't beat it!

Brow Product~Wet N Wild Brow Kit in Ash Brown. This is so cheap and works just as good as any expensive brow product IMO!

Honorable Mentions~Covergirl Lashblast Mascara, MAC Painterly Paintpot, Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Skinny Jeans, MAC Satin Taupe,Contrast, and Omega Eyeshadows, Bare Escentuals Ready Eyeshadow quad in The Dream Sequence and duo in Showstopper, Wet N Wild Eyeshadows, Too Faced Naked Eye Palette, Loreal Fairest Nude Lipstick, Revlon Lipbutters, Makeup Forever Face & Body Foundation

No comments: